Training a sustainable workforce to meet the needs of employers is the key role of WIB-KC. To assist employers with training current employees, and hire and maintain an educated, skilled workforce we offer the following services:
- Customized Training - You tell us the skills needed for your employees, we'll work with you and educators to create those programs or link you with institutions who already have those programs available.
- On-the-Job Training ("OJT") - Similar to a "learn and earn" program, students train to acquire new skills while also earning wages as benefits as an employee. With an OJT contract, employers are reimbursed for a percentage of wages during training.
For information regarding Customized or On-the-Job Training, contact the WIB-KC at (304) 344-5760 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Other employer services include:
- Rapid Response - A service provided by WorkForce WV and several other partner agencies, including WIB-KC, when an employer is closing or laying-off numerous employees. Services provided at a Rapid Response include:
- Meetings providing an overview of available re-employment and transition services.
- Workshops on surviving a lay-off.
- Unemployment claim-taking sessions.
- Information provided regarding community resources and training programs.
- Free Fidelity Bonding Program - Fidelity Bonding is a joint effort between WorkForce WV and the U.S. Department of Labor. The bonding is free of charge and offers a total of $5,000 coverage for any employee or employer. They can be used for any job, any employer and by any job seeker if there are any barriers to employment present. To learn more, click here.
For information regarding Rapid Response, Bonding, or additional employer services, please visit www.workforcewv.org.
Workforce Investment Board of
Auxiliary aids and services are available upon request to individuals with disabilities.
An Equal Opportunity Program/Employer